Kitchen Clerk FLSA
Hickory House Revision Date
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Reviews and fills customer orders for the day. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Kitchen Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customer orders.
6. Takes customer orders at the kitchen counter.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
8. Reviews orders for the day.
9. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
10. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
11. Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
12. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
13. Prepares and replenishes product as necessary.
14. Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for cooking.
15. Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
16. Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc., where applicable.
17. Removes trash in a timely manner.
18. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
19. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
20. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Washes dishes as necessary.
2. Orders product and supplies as necessary.
3. Prices products for customers as necessary.
4. Delivers orders as needed.
5. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
6. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
No education requirement. Six months or less of similar or related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to noise, equipment movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, possible electrical shock and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a kitchen environment including disposal, trash compactor, slicer, Hobart machine, grill, fryer, dishwasher, register system, ovens, rotisserie, knives, label maker, and company vehicle.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Location/Region: Algona, IA (US)