The position of Senior Surveyor will coordinate the activities of a field survey party and performs the most technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties.
Ramsey Constructors Inc. manages projects that include construction of new flyover bridges, reconstruction of existing ramps, and reconstruction and widening of existing bridges. Also included would be taxiway and runway improvements, road widening and reconstruction projects.
- Act as leader for field survey crews engaged in making plane and/or geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey projects.
- Participate in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers, resident engineers, and contractor representatives.
- Gather field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods:
- Set up, adjust, and operate surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles.
- Prepare field notes and drawings.
- Perform field surveying for roadway, bridges, and flood control projects, including installing surveying construction stakes, tying out existing intersection ties, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines.
- Perform complex surveying calculations using engineering calculator, laptop computer, personal computer, and graphics and coordinate geometry (Cogo) software, such as AutoCad-Softdesk.
- Analyze raw data for mathematical closure and geometric accuracy.
- Provide survey information for Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Prepare finished grade sheets, topographic maps, records of survey, corner records, and other survey reports.
- Research existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; and maintains field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience of progressive responsibility in similar positions.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of land surveying, including boundary determination, legal descriptions, construction, topographic surveying, and GIS.
- Knowledge of field surveying practices and techniques, including radial staking.
- Knowledge of survey instruments, including electronic total station, data collector, network control stations, and GPS measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations regarding subdivisions of land, boundary locations, mapping, and surveying practices.
Ramsey Constructors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.