Doherty Staffing Solutions is currently partnering with a growing, and dynamic pork producer. We are seeking an Instrumental & Electrical Technician to work servicing/repairing production and facility equipment. Pay is based on experience. Initial screening through Doherty Staffing Solutions
This role is located in Estherville, IA, and has openings on 1st shift. I&E Technician maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and installs various types of instrumentation and electrical equipment throughout the plant. The IE technician functions in a team environment but must also be able to work independently as needed. The IE technician supports all aspects of electrical, instrumentation and analyzers for the Estherville plant.
I&E Technician Main Duties/Responsibilities:
· Read and interpret blueprints and electrical and instrument loop diagrams.
· Repair and troubleshoot electrical and instrumentation equipment ranging from small motors up to services involving 480 volts.
· Installation of new equipment up to 480 volts.
· Installation and removal of wiring & conduit and small piping and tubing.
· Installation of process control instrumentation such as transmitters, controllers, analyzers, control valves, sensors, etc. Rebuild and calibrate transmitter and control valves.
· Tune controllers.
Maintain and troubleshoot emission monitoring instrumentation and control equipment.
· Perform preventive maintenance on instrumentation and electrical equipment.
· Programming and troubleshooting programmable logic controls (PLC), control software and human-machine interface systems.
· Interface with outside contractors on new installation and startup of electrical and process control systems.
· Maintain plant electrical and instrument records and standards.
· Conduct instrument inspections and tests as required per the site’s mechanical integrity program.
· Work with plant mechanical maintenance techs, operations and quality assurance to complete projects, start-up activities, trials, and shut-down activities as necessary.
· Operate forklift, man lift & hand tools including drills, hacksaws, wrenches and grinders.
· Support plant mechanical maintenance activities as required
I&E Technician Key Requirements/Qualifications:
· Experience and knowledge in safety procedures including but not limited to, confined space entry, line opening, fall protection, lock out tag out, and hot work,
· Experience with Food Safety requirements.
· Demonstrated experience with reading blue prints and layouts including reading electrical and instrument loop diagrams.
· Solid experience with troubleshooting, testing and repairing electrical circuits up to 480 volts AC.
· Must be able to troubleshoot and repair both pneumatic and electronic instrumentation loops.
· Preferred proficiency with programming and troubleshooting programmable logic controls (PLC), control software and human-machine interface systems.
· Must have the ability to climb a ladder, drive a forklift, use a man lift, and wear a respirator.
· Basic computer knowledge to include PC component identification and troubleshooting and use of software such as CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System), Widows office tools and PLC software.
· Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
To apply for the I&E Technician, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the I&E Technician position, please call 952.562.1033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app
Headquartered in Minneapolis for over 35 years, Doherty offers customized workforce solutions to companies doing business in the Midwest and throughout the United States. Doherty is the largest Minnesota-based staffing firm, a Star Tribune Top Workplace since 2014, and a proud recipient of the Minnesota Business Ethics Award. Visit www.Doherty.careers for more information.
Doherty is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer.