DuPont Pioneer has an opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company at our Algona, IA production facility. DuPont Pioneer offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more! In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Harvest activities such as preparation, sorting, drying, etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
The following are required:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accomodation
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Willingness to work shifts - the Algona plant is currently running a 24/5 schedule Monday - Friday with three 8 hour shift teams. Overtime and Saturdays are required when needed.
- General computer skills
The following are preferred:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations desired
- Knowledge of field equipment desired
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Teamwork skills
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Algona, IA (US)